Friday, May 2, 2014

"lead me with strong hands"


I wish I never heard the words Glioblastoma Multiforme Stage 4 Brain Cancer…I will live rest of my life building awareness and doing my part raising money to help advance brain cancer research…hoping and praying one day a cure will be found…for the last few years I have driven to Spokane, WA, {because sadly we do not have anything in our community supporting Brain Tumors or Brain Cancer Awareness} and participated in Joggin’ for the Noggin’...  
& Break Through for Brain Tumors 5K runs.
 
This year I have challenged myself…or better yet set a goal! I will be getting on a plane and flying to Columbus Ohio and participating in the America Brain Tumor Association (ABTA)  Break Through for Brain Tumors Half Marathon in October. It will benefit Nationwide Children’s Hospital along with many others who are dedicated in this fight against Brain Tumors. I will be honoring my dad and running in his memory.

My dad taught me to set goals…and boy have I set one…I would like to raise $3000.00 by the time I leave for Ohio and I know I can do this with your help.

...about 4 months before my dad passed away I did something that I thought I would NEVER do...I got a tattoo...I wanted to make sure it was something that I wouldn't regret later on...it needed to be something that was meaningful...I decided to get the lyrics, "lead me with strong hands" with the grey ribbon. These lyrics were and still are so powerful...this song holds a very special place in my heart...with that being said, I knew exactly what I needed to do when I was brainstorming ideas for my fundraising goal for the 1/2 marathon. My tattoo was my {inspiration}.


I have had a good friend working with me on the design...she worked with me until we felt like it was just perfect.Heather Rolin THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for all your help with this project...for making it just right!

Now here is how you can help me reach my $3000.00 fundraising goal for the American Brain Tumor Association.
 

You can make a one time donation. {by clicking HERE ...it will take you to my Team Breakthrough fundraising page over at the American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) site.
 
OR 

You can order one of these AMAZING $20.00 T-shirts for yourself. (A portion of all sales will go to ABTA).
These are white T-shirts…100% cotton (pre-shrunk) Youth Sizes (XS-XL), S-XL, 2X, 3X, 4X . 
 
I plan on taking preorders until August 31, 2014. If you would like to place an order...please  email me at ReneeDezember@charter.net. I am asking that you pay 1/2 now and then the remaining balance on or before August, 31, 2014. If I need to mail out a T-shirt I will be mailing them via priority mail and you will need add in that $$$ in also.

No comments: